If you could help a child…
Fight a disease afflicting their small body
Receive treatment specifically tailored to their illness, or
Grow to become a healthy adult
Through research, we’re discovering new treatments and better ways to tackle aggressive cancers like neuroblastoma, the most common cancer in infants. We’re confronting devastating chronic conditions like epilepsy head on, and we’re bringing much-needed care to our communities. When you support our researchers, you support advanced care and research that pushes the boundaries of medical discovery.
With your support, we can change the future for our smallest patients
Among our specialties are cancer, diabetes and endocrinology, and neurology and neurosurgery.
- Cancer: Nationally known experts on our oncology team provide the latest therapies, including treatments developed here at the University of Chicago Medicine.
- Diabetes and Endocrinology: Our pediatric experts in diabetes help young people manage their diabetes and provide families with education and support. Our specialists are experienced in treating the most complex cases of diabetes and other endocrine disorders, offering innovative treatments not widely available.
- Neurology and Neurosurgery: Our pediatric neurosurgeons work closely with pediatric neurologists to provide the most up-to-date and effective treatment for the entire spectrum of neurological disease.
The University of Chicago is also at the forefront of treatment and research into other specialties including inflammatory bowel disease, neonatology, and food allergies.
With your help, we can move from trial to therapy, from analysis to life-saving treatment.
- Your gift to support a Pediatrics Center of Excellence will lead to the recruitment of top specialists in a variety of areas including hematology/oncology; neurology; gastroenterology; cardiology; and diabetes.
- With our Thirty Million Words Project, which seeks to improve the quantity and quality of parent-to-child speech, you can help position a child for success later in life.
- Your gift to the University of Chicago’s Pediatric Mobile Medical Unit offers treatment and health education services to children and adolescents who might not otherwise receive care. Funding is needed to support chronic illness management, a teen clinic for high school students, and mental health evaluation and counseling.
- By supporting the hospital’s Child Life and Family Education program, you offer comfort to young patients undergoing surgery, procedures, or critical care. This program provides educational, developmental, and therapeutic services for children through programs such as:
- Music Therapy—visiting musicians and music therapists spend time playing age-appropriate music for children
- Literacy Program—whether reading quietly in bed or listening to a story in waiting areas, reading is a welcome distraction from pain
- Shadow Buddies—these dolls give children a way to identify and relate to their situation
From expert care for premature babies to routine checkups, we provide children a healthy, dynamic future. With you on board, we’re bound to succeed.